Remember Grandma

A site for remembering Grandma Runyan.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Still drinking from that cup...

Rachel and I have lived in North Carolina now for an entire year. We just celebrated our 6th Wedding anniversary last month and on Monday had a dinner to commemorate our arrival here. I was thinking on all of this and realizing how fast time moves it dawned on me that I had not visited this website for some time now. Upon my visit I realized that there hasn't been a post on here in nearly a year.
So I'm here, posting.
I'm here, thinking.
I'm here, remembering.
I am still drinking from that cup...the one I took on the day we went to Grandma's apartment after the memorial and went through her things. The one that I remember watching her drink coffee out of in her motor home. I love the smell of coffee. I love that a strong smelling cup of coffee can sometimes make me remember Grandma so much. And I love that coffee snaps my eye lids vertical and straightens my back after dragging myself out of bed. :)
I saw an older woman tonight with very white hair done up kinda like Grandma did hers and again I thought of her. It's nice to still have these things that remind me of her, I like to remember and more often than not anymore it isn't painful, it's a delight. It makes me smile. Hope it makes you smile too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home