Remember Grandma

A site for remembering Grandma Runyan.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today would have been Mom's 88th birthday. Following is the contents of a card that I had been giving to Mom since 2002. She liked it so much that she asked me to keep giving it to her each year. In real mom fashion she would date the back on each birthday. As you look at the writing you can tell each one is getting shakier and she was unable to sign 2006.

Happy Birthday, Mom with All My Love Always

I love you so dearly,
Mom. You've done so
much for me that once
a year doesn't seem
like enough to show my
appreciation for you...

For you birthday, Mom,
if I could give you the world, I would.
If there were a gift to say
"thank you" for how well you raised me,
I would send it.
But I don't think there could ever be
anything I could give or say
to equal the love and gratitude
I feel for you.
I hope that our relationship shows
how much I treasure you,
and how much your words of wisdom
and support mean to me.
Every day, I thank Gof for you.
I love your smile, and your hug
that makes everything seem better.
I love the way you've touched my life,
how you've always been a part of it.
I love you, Mom,
and I carry your love in my heart
every day
for strength and guidance and courage.
It fills me with pride and joy
to have you as my mother.

We all miss you Mom, but as the verse says we carry your love in our hearts every day.
We know that even though you are gone your life lives on through us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home