Remember Grandma

A site for remembering Grandma Runyan.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Remembering Mom, Grandma, & GG 1 year later

This is a letter written to us on April 15, 2007. We thought you would all enjoy reading it and remembering the wonderful lady Mom was on the anniversary of her homegoing.

Dear Dory, Cindy, & Debby

I've been going to write this letter ever since your Mom went to heaven, but I've kept putting it off. I know from experience, of the 1st year after my folks went to be with Jesus, that at different times the loss of them would hit me suddenly & at unexpected times. But God was faithful, as I know he has been to you.

I don't have to tell you, but I will, how SPECIAL your Mom was to me and mine. She was like a 2nd Mom to me, especially during the 1st years of my marriage when I was so far from my own Mom & she was right there where I could call & talk to her on the phone. How she had Ike & I over for dinner every Sunday during our first year of marriage, if we didn't have other invitations. Then when Dalona was born & she became "Auntie Grandma" and was willing to give wise counsel & support. When we moved to Grand Rapids for about 6 years she was still my "Special Aunt." After we moved back to the cities, when the twinnies were "1 year old", again she was just a phone call away. Her life greatly impacted my marriage and my children. Then as the kids got a little older we had time for Scrabble games, and we spent many an hour in each others presence, pondering words & just being together - "Precious memories"

Last year when she started getting weak & sick, it was like it wasn't real. She'd always been there for me. It didn't really become real until her memorial service. That's when the tears came & reality hit me.

I thought my heart was going to break and then at the end of the service when "God Will Take Care of You" was sung, it was like a special message from her to me. "I'm gone, but GOD WILL take care of YOU." The tears flowed but comfort came.

Thank you girls for the intersecting of your live with mine. It was a beautiful memorial service that you put together for her and it was a real blessing to me.

She lives on in this world thru you girls in a SPECIAL way. She was very proud of each of you, and so proud to be your Mom.

Thanks again for sharing your Mom with me. She will always be remembered with fond memories by Ike & me and our children & grandchildren.

God bless you as the anniversary of her HOME GOING is coming up so soon now.

Truly "GOD WILL take CARE of YOU."

Love, Jeany

Jeany was Mom's sister MayBelle's daughter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home